Saturday, October 22, 2011

Running up that hill

First of all, I want to thank all of you that have been following me during this experience. Also to thank those of you that have posted such uplifting and positive comments. It really does boost my attitude and help me to continue:)

Last night went well, no real adverse reaction to the dose. The night , however, was a real blur.  My focus has become a little  less than it normally is.

I was able to be taken off the vasopressor long enough to be able to shower again today. It is nice to be able to fell clean, but it sure wears me out.

I just finished my 9th dose.  It is now 11:00 am. 

I get weighted every morning. Awesome right? So far I have gained 26 pounds. Pretty impressive huh? Fortunately, it's all third spacing that should be gone within days of my release. I still don't like it much.

Still itchy and red, my skin is starting to peel in places, and I have been feeling more tired each day. No real appetite.

My room is nice. All of the doctors and nurses have been very pleasant as well.

All of this would be so much harder with out Kelly here. I have always known what a special man he is, but this is another challenge that again cements that in my mind:) 

This afternoon was a little more challenging. I got really chilled,  itchy and restless. So comes the demerol, Benadryl and Ativan.  I thought that would treat my issues and also help me to sleep. No great results with any of the above  mentioned issues.  I am also back on vasopressors.

Now I have a little fluid in my lungs, so I am on oxygen. Joy!

I am still scheduled for my next dose at 6pm, it now 5:30. 

It is getting more and more challenging to continue and maintain a positive attitude. I have a few minor meltdowns today:(

5 more doses to go.  I feel like I am hitting the wall during a marathon.  Trying me best to run though it.

Until next time,
Heather

10 comments:

  1. Heather you are strong! You can do this! You are almost there!

    "I came to win,I came to fight,to conquer,to thrive.
    I came to win,to survive,to prosper,to rise. To fly, To fly!"

    Love you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep running, Heather! You can do this - you're the strongest person I know and have the most incredible attitude. You are truly amazing! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather, We haven't met but Sara loves you so that means I do too! :) Focus on the end of this and the big party with goodie bags that Sara will probably throw you! Stefanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. To my favorite neighbor...we are all praying for you! Stay strong friend...we know you can beat this! Love, the Wright's

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there!! Sending you super, positive thoughts and prayers!!

    From Lauren:
    Knock-Knock!
    Who's there?
    Cow's go!
    Cow's go who?
    No silly, they don't- cows go MOO! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stay strong, Heather. We're all rooting for you and here to support you both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got this Heather...it's almost over ...Like any good run, the hardest part is at the end when you push yourself and realize how strong you are..... good job.....many blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it Heather! Lots of love and prayers from the Boyd's today.
    Love Bill and Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have so many positive thoughts and well wishes coming your way, Heather. Stay strong. And feel the love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hang in there Heatha! This is just another hill - You can do this and anything else that comes your way!
    Ericka

    ReplyDelete