Friday, October 21, 2011

Day 3 - Getting into a routine

5th dose at 2 am went very well.  Kelly and I both slept well last night. Had another dose at 10 am (#6) again at 6 pm(#7), no real bad reactions.  We have been premedicating before doses with clonazepam and Benadryl.  Seems to be working. 7th dose down, we are half way through!! As long as my blood pressure stays high enough.  If it continues to drop, I'll have to be put on a pressor medication, and possibly skip a dose or two if the pressor doesn't work. The nurse is hanging a bag of lactated ringers right now to try to increase my volume. I have a virtual christmas tree hanging next to me with six different bags of various meds and fluids on it and IV lines coming towards me like a pile of spaghetti.

I got to take shower again today, it feels really nice not to be hooked up to anything:)

Still itchy, red and puffy. I get weighed every morning, let me say it is impressive!

I spoke to soon am currently crawling out my skin. Hopefully Ativan will come to my rescue!

Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Heather! You are strongest person i know! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a tough chika that is for sure, Chris asks me to check on you everyday! How is Kelly doing? Can you have anything in there with you, like flowers, books, gifts etc? I wonder if the room is atleast cozy and is the shower cozy too? I wish you were home, and not having to do this. Thankful for the updates and thankful for the medical advances and research over the years to make this even a choice. Stay tough and kick that cancer ass.... Starkey

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing Heather! Half way! I always love half way with anything difficult. Psychologically you finally get to think in terms of having less difficulty left than you've already endured. And your accomplished measure grows as your challenge measure gets smaller. I don't pretend to know what you are going through now but keep your mindset that every step more at this point brings you closer to having the entire 5 days accompished. You win this round! Cancer say WHAT???? Love you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather, keep battling - all of us B-Tards are behind you:)

    ReplyDelete