Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 2: Itchy, scratchey, chills and aches

I got  a few hours sleep last night.  How much do you really need when you are in bed all day?

I was able to shower today;) 

Third dose was today at 10 am.  The major  side effects I am having are high heart rate,  and low blood  pressure. No vasopressors needed yet. My skin is also really red and itchy.  The doctors and nurses all agree, side effects will become more sever as the doses continue. 

Fourth does at 6 pm. after about 45 minutes of feeling pretty good, I tanked
Chills, restless body, achey muscles, absolute discomfort. I thought I was gonna cry, or jump out the window.

Fortunately, they  have drugs for this. I waited too long to ask. Next time, I'm not waiting. I see now why many people can't complete all 14 doses.

Wish me luck on dose #5:)

5 comments:

  1. Way to be a trooper and get through this so far. I'm sure you can draw some strength from those of us around you. Do try and get some rest and let your body save energy!

    Think of you, my friend.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending hugs and anti itchy thoughts.....We love you! =)
    Mustache kisses!!!
    Love,Darren,Sara,Zak & Lauryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the strength I can give you, you've got, kiddo. Spoke with Tina today...she's had lots of itchy, too. Said she learned fast to ask for anti-itchy stuff...even ahead of the itches. Lots of hugs and love. You and Kelly are always in our thoughts. Be tough - you have a lot of iron in your backbone and a lot of strength upon which you can call. Hang in there, sweetie. You're undergoing this but you are not alone. In our hearts, Diane & Dick

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to rock all 14. And ask for the pain meds :) Thinking of you and praying, praying...<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can do this, Heather! If anyone can - it's you! Remember running the stairs at WWU? The cement stairs that looked like they went right into the trees - like 125 or something? You got 14 stairs Heather and you are already past #5. By now that is 5 in your rear view mirror! One at a time, girl, keep passing over them one at a time.

    ReplyDelete