Thursday, November 3, 2011

Back in the saddle!

Got a call this morning at 8 letting us know a room was available.  So, up and in the shower and on the road we go.  

We got to the hospital about 9, got into our room, met the PA. After going over my history with the nurse and PA I had to have a chest X-ray to assesses my PICC (even though I did this yesterday). No surprise,  PICC looks good.  


There was an issue with the dosage of my IL 2, so new orders had to be written and messenger from SCCA to UWMC. This ended up delaying my first dose until 3. This actually works out ok as far as scheduling goes, my doses will be at 3 pm, 11 pm and 7 am.  

My blood pressure has started higher than last time. That may be helpful, for a little while. I thought I would slide through the first day,however, similar to how the last round ended, about 4 hours after my dose I got extremely nauseated, chilled and just yucky feeling.  It lasted a couple of hours, but seems like forever.  Next dose at 11. We'll see how it goes:)

9 comments:

  1. Hang in there, you are a tough girl! Think of Mexico and fancy drinks, sand between your toes, and the sweet smell of the ocean...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unknown is Michelle Starkey... XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete
  3. GO GIRL! you can do this!!! The Boyds are all thinking of you. Praying for strength for both of you.
    Love, Bill and Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do this.. KICK SOME BUTT! We are praying for strength for both you and Kelly. Thanks for keeping us updated. :) The lewis family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you got some sleep last night and your first 3 treatments have gone well. Three down already - that's awesome!
    I hope your room has a view so you can see the beautiful sunshine this morning.
    Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather, we're thinking of you. You are strong, you can do this, we have full confidence in you, continue kicking ass!!! XOXO!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got this Heather - feel the strength of all those who love you! Prayers are powerful - I pray for your strength, comfort, peace and determinition. I pray the same for Kelly. Love you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Girl- Mic here.. stay strong, dig deep find simple things to keep you going and fill you with strength & joy.. my Father bounced back from leukemia several times.. heart, MSH

    ReplyDelete
  9. Listening to Melissa Etheridge's music from "A Road Less Travelled" reminds me of you Heather. All the while your going through treatment your "inspiring us" with your courage, determination and love. Know that you are truly loved--you too Kelly--and your courage has touched many, many hearts.

    ReplyDelete