Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Rest, rest, rest...

My Surgery on Friday went well.  Dr. Urban removed my right ovary and Fallopian tube laproscopically as planned. While performing the surgery she did not see anything that she felt looked suspicious.  The frozen sections evaluated during surgery looked normal. All good news.  My surgery took about 2 hours. After surgery, I felt pretty nauseated, which is to be expected.  I slept a bit and Kelly picked up my prescriptions. I stayed in recovery until about 2:30. Once I could get up, walk around, use the restroom, I was discharged. Long drive home in traffic.  Since then I have been recovering at home, lots of couch time.  The pain was pretty intense the first couple of days, 4 incisions through abdominal muscles make almost everything difficult. Each day I feel a bit better.  Today after showering and getting dressed, however, I took a step backwards. Feeling pain, dizzy and nauseated. Time to lay down again. We are still waiting for the biopsy results from the pathologist, hoping to hear soon, thinking positively of course.

Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment